Call To Arms: Vanguards
We know that the changes coming to Obsidian Portal are going to throw some people’s campaigns through loops. We’ve done our best to not bust up too many things, but unfortunately it’s a reality of the situation. Those who heavily utilize custom CSS are going to have the canvas of their beautiful paintings shifted around a bit.
Because of this we have set a program into place to help assist our community, an elite task force of OP community pros who will stop at nothing to help everyone get their campaigns back into tip-top shape. We’re calling these folks Vanguards, and we’re looking to start recruiting them now! Are you up for the task of being considered one of the “the big guns” when it comes to squashing post-reforging CSS issues?
Like the name describes, Obsidian Portal Vanguards are those who will help us forge the way into a new era of Obsidian Portal and its aiding its advanced users. Of course, these folks aren’t going to go unrewarded, not by any means… To become a Vanguard you’ll need to apply here, but please be advised that we’re looking for those who are very well versed in both CSS, HTML, and the nuances of Obsidian Portal campaigns. There will be no more than 10 Vanguard positions available, and for their hard work and dedication they will be awarded the following:
- An exclusive badge on their Obsidian Portal profile
- 6 Months of Obsidian Portal Ascendant time
- A schwag bag full of goodies (OP T-shirt, dice, tokens, and a 2014 KQ Calendar)
- One entry into the grand raffle for every fellow portaller they help.
So, once again, if becoming a Vanguard sounds like something you’d like to be a part of, please go and submit your application here!
The Grand Raffle
What is this you ask? Well it’s exactly what it sounds like a grand prize raffle for our Vanguards who are helping Reforge Obsidian Portal from the inside out. On top of the perks already involved with being a Vanguard, for each successfully helped community member they will gain a single ballot to be thrown into the box. The more people they help, the better chances they will have to win the grand prize “Ultimage GM” package. Which will include the following items:
- A customizable GM screen, tweak it for any game until your heart’s content
- A 34.5″x48″ Chessex Dry Erase battlemat and full array of markers
- A set of polyhedral Q-Workshop metal dice (set may vary upon winner’s request)
- The Complete Kobold Guide to Game Design in Print and PDF
- All 4 of Engine Publishing’s excellent books for GMs in Print and PDF – Never Unrpepared: The Complete Game Master’s Guide to Session Prep, Odyssey: The Complete Game Master’s Guide to Campaign Management, Masks: 1,000 Memorable NPCs for Any Roleplaying Game, and Eureka: 501 Adventure Plots to Inspire Game Masters
- A full set of Dwarven Forge game tiles (set will vary upon winner’s request)
- Obsidian Portal T-shirt and dice for themselves, and bennie tokens for their whole group
- A full set of Reaper Miniatures from the Bones 2 Kickstarter (2013 Core Set)
- $50 to spend at DriveThruRPG
- Possibly more awesome stuff that we conjure up
How It Works
- After being accepted into the program and working with someone who has requested and received your assistance please go to the appropriate URL for the fillable web form that was provided to you by Obsidian Portal staff and complete and submit the form. This form will ask for the username and campaign URL of the person you assisted. These submissions will be cross checked and confirmed with the campaign owner to ensure you followed through. This is largely an honor-system based approach here so we are hoping we don’t have to even begin looking into the credibility of our Vanguards. Each one of these emails earns you a single ballot for the grand raffle. The more, the better!
For those seeking help from vanguards:
Post explaining what kind of help you will need getting your campaign back into shape within the dedicated Vanguard forum thread. Name the thread after your campaign followed by a dash, and then your username. Within the thread provide a link to your campaign and what type of assistance you require.
Example: “On The Eyes of Midnight – DreadGazebo”
Vanguards will then reply and organize who is going to help you. Once these decisions have been made they will send a request to join the campaign you listed that needs assistance. Once accepted into the campaign the GM will need to promote the Vanguard to co-GM so that they may proceed with tweaking CSS. From this point forward both parties can communicate in whatever manner they decide: chat, email, phone, etc. until the campaigns issues have been resolved.
Further Questions If you need clarification on any of this please feel free to send an email to Jerry and he will be able to address any further questions you might have. We look forward to rewarding our most dedicated community members with the Vanguard program and are very excited about the reforging launch. We hope you are too!