[powerpress] | Episode 108 |
Our Birthday contest over on the blog, it ends March 31st so be sure to get in on it! We’ve also made some good progress on the file uploads stretch goal, you’ll be seeing a blog update regarding reforging stretch goals coming soon as well. Beyond all that, on with the show!
Dungeons & Dragons Attack Wing
The GAMA trade show recently gave us our first glimpse of the new D&D Attack Wing miniatures game. In the same vein as Star Trek Attack Wing and the Star Wars X-Wing game from Fantasy Flight, this one promises to set itself apart with flavor of all kinds.
Latest D&D 5e Information from GAMA
We have found a series of live tweets from the show, and now have a few juicy tidbits about what D&D 5e is going to be like. Beyond the fact that there’s a Fire Giant on the MM cover and a Beholder on the PHB here’s what else we rounded up:
- Starter set in the summer, PH to come later, no prices just yet
- 5e “white box” will be more like the starter set than the PF beginner box
- “What would Gary and Dave do?” has been their guiding light
- Stories and memories if play will be more important than mechanics
- No multiple players handbooks
- They will still print 4e until interest goes away
Dark Dungeons the Movie Gets A Trailer
The recently Kickstarter funded film about how D&D will lead you into a witches coven and allow you to start casting real magic finally has a trailer released on its official site. Be sure to check out this 100% non-satirical *wink wink* glimpse at the film, as well as the rest of its equally hilarious website.
@Steelsteve asks: How do you do traps? How suspenseful do you make them?
Tune in to find out!
Music Credits | Intro: “Prelude” | Outro: “Stand Alone” | by LukHash |